Google Shopping & LIA - Pickup Later
Posted on October 11, 2021 (Last Updated: May 23, 2022)
Google has recently launched a new feature for Google Local Inventory Ads (LIA) - Pickup later.
This feature allows you to advertise products that may or may not be available in-store right now but can be picked up in a few days. The Pickup later feature does not even require to have full inventory information. It provides an online to offline experience for your customers and allows you to use the store as your omnichannel asset.
The Pickup Later runs as a feature for Shopping Ads or Google LIA. It appears when customers are more likely to use this option based on the user’s intent.
To be able to use Pickup Later in Shopping Ads you must meet the following:
- Must have ongoing Shopping Ads and be able to identify store locations that are eligible to fulfill online orders
- Be able to fulfill store pickup orders even though the product is not physically in stock at the store locations
To be able to use Pickup Later in LIA you must meet the following:
- All requirements for Google LIA
- Be able to identify your store locations that are eligible to fulfill online orders and be able to fulfill store pickup orders even though the product is not physically available
- Verify that the merchant’s local product inventory feed contains out of stock items
- Add attributes to merchant’s primary and local product inventory feed
- Link Google Ads and enable campaigns
Besides that, in both cases, you must also meet the requirements for your website and Feed requirements. But if you have been using your website for google shopping already, then it should not be a problem at all.
At Google’s website, you can read how to implement pickup later for Shopping Ads or Local Inventory Ads. If you need to help with your Feed Management, try out our FREE TRIAL and we will ensure your feed data will be delivered optimized to each platform you will need.